Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gluten Free/Dairy Free Ice Cream Cones

Dole whip and Gluten free ice cream cones


Don't you love summertime? It's fun to reminisce about all the fun things we used to do as kids. I lived 1/2 mile from the local Dairy Queen, it was such a treat to ride our bikes as a family up there and get ice cream cones.


Then came the allergies...


Gluten free and dairy free people need love too!

Meet your new love, the dole whip ice cream cone



Fist thing first, the cone

Goldbaum's gluten free ice cream cones:


These things are great, I have not had a cone in many many years, but it is exactly what I remembered!! They can get a bit drippy if you take too long to eat. I savor every bite!!



Next, Dole Whip.

Now, this is gluten free but its not 100% dairy free. I've been dealing with my allergy for many years, so I know what I can handle. I can have tiny amounts of casein, but not whey.


I'm very lucky in that there is an ice cream shop about 6 miles from my house that sells Dole Whip. Call around, bug your local parlor until they start selling it!! It comes in many flavors, the favorite in my family is Pineapple.


It's my own personal trip back to Hawaii every time I eat it!

No comments:

finding my own little place in this world, making it my own