Monday, June 2, 2008

Lazy Chicken Fajitas

I just made a really yummy dinner that was so good. I tend to do my best cooking when I look online for some inspiration, then I throw away the recipes and just work with what I have. I don't measure, I'm lazy.


If I felt good enough there would be an awesome photo here. Maybe I'll take a pic when the Mr. heats his up

Recipe - kind of:
-a package of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into the size you like, about a pound or so
(extra points if you got them for 99cents/lb like I did!!)
-Season salt, probably 1 tsp or so
-Garlic, chili powder, cumin about 1 tbl
-Black pepper, a few grinds
-About 2 cups of assorted bell peppers, sliced into strips
I use frozen "Melange a Tois" from Trader Joes
-Onion, one small
I use the frozen diced onions found on the top shelf of your favorite grocers frozen veggies aisle
-Oil to grease the pan, grapeseed is my favorite to saute with

How to:
add oil to pan over medium heat, add chicken and season with season salt
cook chicken till no longer pink
add onions, black pepper, cumin, chili powder and garlic.
Cook a minute or two and add peppers
Cook until peppers are of uniform heat
serve with sour cream on soft taco/fajita wraps
For you dairy-phobes like me use Tofutti Better than Sour Cream, its awesome


No comments:

finding my own little place in this world, making it my own