Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How to install an exhaust brake

Yes, thats right, I'm going to teach you how to install an exhaust brake on a Silverado 2500HD with the duramax diesel engine. Cause I'm cool like that.

We did this a month or so ago, I just got the pics, they tell the story


First, obtain said truck and a large driveway, jack it up and place dad underneath

Then, obtain the services of a diesel mechanic that will work cheap

good, you are well on your way! Now you will need a seriously expensive exhaust brake after you convince your wife it will be worth it
Great! Now saw off your exhaust. Yes, seriously.
Perfect. Now you should pray. You crazy person, you just sawed off your exhaust! What were you thinking? Or, just have some fun with it all
Yes, I was helping, I was the tool girl
Then, crawl under truck to see whats going on


I got to put that clamp on. I didn't have enough leverage, so I had to brace myself of Larry. Dad said it looked dirty. He actually said much worse but I've put those memories out of my head

Next step, find wife, make her work too
Her job is to connect the air hose
Good job everybody! It works! Let's celebrate!

Wait, where is Kel? Oh wait, there are baby bunnies in a hole in the backyard. I suppose thats where Kel would be
Oh happy day!
Bunnies!

And that my friends, is how to install an exhaust brake!

No comments:

finding my own little place in this world, making it my own