Thursday, July 9, 2009

I got married, and then I broke myself

I'm married!
We got married May 16 in Frankenmuth, Michigan. It was beautiful and everything I could have ever hoped for.But Kel, what did you eat?
Let's start with the night before the wedding. Uno Chicago Grill @ Birch Run.
What's an allergic scientist to eat at a pizza joint?
Freaking Pizza!!!!
It's a gluten free dairy free pizza that I did not have to make myself
I almost cried.
It was fan-freaking-tastic
I ate the leftovers in our hot tub in the honeymoon suite, seriously.

The next day was the big day!
The Bavarian Inn at Frankenmuth is awesome, their head baker has Celiac, so they cater to us allergic folks! So, I got to eat an actual meal at my weddingIt was fish, it was really really good.
Especially with a glass of German Riesling
...drool

So when I got diagnosed, I realized I would not be able to eat wedding cake, cut the cake, take silly pictures etc.
Oh no my friends, remember the aforementioned Celiac baker at the Bavarian Inn??
That right there is heaven, aka Gluten Free Black Forest cake. The whole thing
I almost cried for this one too, it was so amazing.
The few remaining slices were split between gluten free boy (A friends teenage son who has Celiac disease and is my gluten free taste tester) and myself
I may have eaten leftovers in the hot tub
...perhaps

So did I mention I broke myself?
I managed to herniate a disk in my back
It's very painful, physical therapy is hard
But all that matters is that there is some progress
Gotta get back in the kitchen and make some good food!

No comments:

finding my own little place in this world, making it my own