Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's a beautiful day for demolition


I love our house, I love the size of our yard. I did not love all the crap growing everywhere. Crap is very hard to get rid of; gardening and landscaping are not for sissies.
Let us just take a moment to really understand what we are working with here:
Kind of hard to see, but seriously, stuff is eating the porch

it gets better

What is that thing?
I think at one point in it's life it was a raised flowerbed
Now it's where bushes and disgusting plants go to die a horrible death

Oh, you want more?
There you go.
Just let that all soak in
Scary bad, isn't it?

So begins the demolition
day one: remove the crap
This was really hard, the bushes had really deep roots
Estimated weight loss from sweating: Kelly - 2lbs Larry 10lbs

But, we got somewhere!

Larry and I got it to this point
Then the reserves were called in

The rest of the job got pawned off on Larry's little brother
Why did he have to do this you ask?

Here's your answer:

this is little brother's truck
with Larry crawling in the engine compartment
I think we've answered all the questions now

Back to the matter at hand

Are you dying to know what my yard looks like now?


Success!!! It's amazing how much different it looks with that awful thing gone. I've been working a lot in the flowerbeds in front of the house too, they already look better but have a long way to go.

Home ownership is not for sissies, and we haven't even got to the good stuff yet!!
Next on the list is outdoor lighting and a new kitchen sink.
Stay tuned!!

No comments:

finding my own little place in this world, making it my own